The Golden Ticket is a sponsorship program that lets you become a lifesaving superhero!
Do you want to help save homeless dogs but can’t foster or adopt? You can sponsor a dog or pup and provide their “Golden Ticket” to ride the Freedom Train! Your gift will take them out of high intake, low adoption shelters where they have little hope, to our rescue where they will get a second chance to have a great life.
Your sponsorship pays for their vet exam, vaccinations, and health certificate, as well as transportation expenses.
If you would like to help save a life by giving a Golden Ticket:
- Review the Fosters Needed album below. Every other week a new album of pups are waiting for their second chance.
- Click on the Sponsor A Pup button below and indicate the donation amount and the name/names of the dog/s or pup/s you’d like to help save. It can be difficult to choose so if you are open to any you can indicate that as well!
- If you are sponsoring a specific dog and they already have a Golden Ticket, or have been rescued by another group or adopted, we will give your ticket to another lucky dog or puppy.
- If the dog or puppy you have selected is not granted a health certificate to travel or does not have a foster home, your ticket will be given to a dog or puppy that can make the trip and has a foster home.
- If all the dogs awaiting the next transport are sponsored, we will award the ticket to a dog on the following transport.
After the transport has arrived you will receive an updated photo of the dog you helped give a new lease on life. You’ll also receive a Golden Ticket certificate. Acknowledgement of your gift will be posted on our website (with your permission!) along with the dog’s photo.
The deadline to sponsor a dog or pup this week is Friday at noon!
We start 2018 with a lifesaving bang! The Freedom Train runs this weekend arriving in Minneapolis on Saturday afternoon. If you can help by opening your home and heart to a dog in need please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the foster application at www.safehandsrescue.org. Let's get this party started! Please help spread the word!